cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 gig broadband not getting speeds

Stebo1212
Joining in

Hey sorry to bother you all iv had 1 gig fitted since Release and its being fine for months but last 2-3 months i cant get above 250 i thought maybe if i get router with more control i can fix the issue so i brought the asus RT-AX82U everything was fine but as i said last few months speed just crashed i tried going back to Hub 4 and i get the same results 

Any help would be great

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is that the same on both ethernet cable connected devices and wifi ones at the same time?

What speeds are you getting on wifi and ethernet?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for fast reply i normaly get around the same on wifi as i do ethernet 250-270 give or take a little 

Only time drops on wifi is if i change over to 2.4g

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check that the new router hasnt got QoS activated on it - to limit speeds on certain applications/devices.. Dioesnt explain the Hub4 issue though.

Someone else familiar with a Hub4 needs to comment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ok thank you i will look into Qos settings from what i know i have it turned of but i will double check when i return thank you 

Hi Stebo1212,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband speed. 

I have taken a look on our system and I am unable to see anything that could be affecting this. 

To be able to investigate further I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

Turn off QoS and also withdraw Aiprotection i.e. disable it via Administration --> Privacy --> Withdraw

Test speed

Then put Aiprotection back on and test speed.

Thanks for reply they have fitted a new modem and moved me up in the main box and speeds seem to be alot better 

I will keep posted if happens again thank you 

Hi Stebo1212,

Thank you for reaching back out with an update, really glad to hear your speed has improved after the technician changed the Router and made some adjustments in the cabinet, if you do have any further issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.