cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-5% Packet Loss/40-60ms Jitter

khantitch
Joining in

Hi!

As the title states i have been getting intermittent packet loss which i think is linked to jitter spikes, it’s causing a lot of stutter and lag in games when it happens, the packet loss doesn’t stay at all times but rather intermittent usually, but the last few days it has been quite prevalent hence coming here for some help.

i am on a wired Ethernet connection,  both mine and my partners pc’s are suffering from this at the same time or individually, i have tried factory resetting my Hub to no avail.

thanks in advance for any help!

22 REPLIES 22

Hi! @Matthew_ML

Thanks for your response! just wondering if this has been extended as the issues still persists, thanks in advance!

khantitch
Joining in

Hi @everyone 

Just wondering if anyone on the VM team could help me as to when the maintenance is likely to be complete, or if it has been already?

thanks!

Thanks for your post @khantitch and I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issue.

I've looked into the local area and no issue appears to be present.

Can you please confirm if this issue is still ongoing?

Do you have any live Broadband Quality Monitor running to keep track of the connections performance?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

khantitch, if you think there's still a problem, and VM are insisting there is none, then setup a Broadband Quality Monitor.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here (not the URL address for your logged-in view) and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

Examples of the sort of result you might get are discussed in this thread.

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes still having the issue, here is a bqm i started.

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes still having the issue, here is a bqm i started.

Unfortunately in my view there's not the sort of obvious faults on that BQM that are likely to lead to a fix.  It certainly is a poor quality result, it does show very low level packet loss (still unacceptable in my view), but I suspect much of it is down to VM's ageing DOCSIS technology (compare to my FTTP BQM below).  If VM are insisting all is well, then you either put up with this or find yourself another ISP (if "in contract" the current price rise may be the opportunity to cancel without penalty).

My Broadband Ping - Aquiss/Openreach 330 Mbps

Hi, thanks for the reply, i am currently on the HUB3 which i was told was a refurbed one when they installed it, i will ask for a new HUB5 and see if this helps, also when they installed the hub they left a rather large amount of coax cable and it just bundled up in a spool for no reason and they said it was ‘incase i ever wanted to move the hub’ i’m sure this may not be helping the situation.  thanks again for the reply as i’m kind of at your conclusion myself.

Thanks for the reply on the forums @khantitch. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with packet loss that you're experiencing.
May I ask if you managed to reach out to the team for a VM Hub 5 upgrade?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey! @Ilyas_Y 

Thanks so much for the reply, i have tried to call on 2 separate occasions to no avail of getting the HUB5 sent, i also wanted some of the cable that was left removed also as it seems far to much just bundled up(3-4 meters or more) 

Is there anyway you could help me with this, if not i will keep trying to call anyhow! 

thanks in advance!