cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1-5% Packet Loss/40-60ms Jitter

khantitch
Joining in

Hi!

As the title states i have been getting intermittent packet loss which i think is linked to jitter spikes, it’s causing a lot of stutter and lag in games when it happens, the packet loss doesn’t stay at all times but rather intermittent usually, but the last few days it has been quite prevalent hence coming here for some help.

i am on a wired Ethernet connection,  both mine and my partners pc’s are suffering from this at the same time or individually, i have tried factory resetting my Hub to no avail.

thanks in advance for any help!

22 REPLIES 22

Suraj_Gurung
On our wavelength

As far as i know, myself and others had this issue now for almost a month, some even 2 months but no resolution. if you call customer service, they will only tell you to reset or restart the router. If you ask for engineer visit, they will cancel the appointment next day saying issue was on virgin media side and now fixed but issue persist. I have now submitted formal compliant to them so waiting to see if this will make any difference. If they keep you hanging like me, I suggest submit formal complaint. Good Luck. 

Hi, thanks for the reply! i am hoping this is not the case but i will see what i can do, very frustrating as VM Internet is not cheap and usually quite reliable but this Packet Loss is making my games unplayable!!

I've had packet loss for months. Had 2 engineers out in the past week. Both plugged their machine in on the line and in their opinion looks fine. Showed them the BQM report only to be told they can only go by what their machine states. Great diagnosis VM Tech!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @khantitch 👋

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🌞

I am sorry you are having issues with your service and are experiencing some packet loss, I have taken a look at our systems and can see you are affected by an SNR outage, this is due to be resolved on 20 FEB 2023 10:15.

Sorry for any inconvenience, if you are still having issues after this date please pop back and we will be happy to assist 😊

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Danmc07👋

I am sorry you have been having similar issues and have not had any luck with our tech visits. I have had a look at our systems and can see something does not look right, could you do a reboot for me? Keep an eye on your connections over the next 24 hours and get back to us. 💪

We can recheck for you to see if there is still issues and get this looked into.

Zoie

Hi Zoie!

Thanks for the response, i’m glad to know it is something that’s being worked on, will come back after the 20th if no resolution, many thanks.

Hi Again @Zoie_P

Just checking to see if the issue due to be fixed on the 20th was completed? as i still seem to be having some minor packet loss affecting my internet/games.

thanks in advance!

Thank you for reaching back out khantitch and I am sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look and I can see this outage has been extended until the 27th Feb at 12:15 I am sorry about this.

With this area outage it will affect the issues you are experiencing sorry. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The Hub's jitter, latency and packet loss can be measured here :  https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

If a game significantly exceeds these figures the problem may well exist well outside the VM platform.