cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cant use that password please try another

ruthandandy
Just joined

New to Virgin from Sky. Installed last Friday and cant setup the Virgin Media account to get bills and manage account.

Get the same: "You cant use that password, please try another" that a lot of other people on this chat are finding. Did anyone get an answer.

I have tried on Chrome, Firefox and even Explorer 11 on pc and on Android phones as well without success.

Have tried
-- short passwords of only 8 characters with just letters and numbers (no special characters) - Medium strength according to app
-- short password 10 character with special characters - medium strength according to app
-- Long passwords without special characters - 20+ characters
-- Long passwords without special characters...

No luck with any. Did anyone else get anywhere. seeing all the chats it seems this problem has been going on for months.

8 REPLIES 8

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ruthandandy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with creating your online account with us, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I'm having this issues to. I've tried all the suggestions, via the app, 8-64 strong password and nothing works, can you assist?

Hi there @cjnjones, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with registering for My Virgin Media you're having. 😞
May I ask if you're able to clear cache and cookies on your browser? Also to try "incognito" or "dark mode?"
Please also try another browser / device and let us know what happens if the options above do not benefit.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I confirm I have tried all of that (Chrome and Edge and App) but not working, still get the same message.

The account I am trying to change the password for has a different email address to the account I am using here on the forums - I couldn't join the forum without confirming an email address and I cant get emails on my virgin account as I cant reset the password.

Hi @cjnjones,

Thank you for expanding. I'm sorry to hear that your efforts thus far haven't helped.

So that we can investigate and assist you further with this, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

darren13
Joining in

I am new to virgin media, having the same issue "you can't use that password". Have cleared the cache and tried through the app, chrome, safari, edge, firefox. Password is letters and numbers only with no special characters. Can someone assist please, there is still time for me to cancel the order if I can't get this fixed.

Hi  @darren13 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with setting up the password for your account. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. To best look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Please try logging in again once your services are live @darren13 . If the issue persists we can take further steps to resolve this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team