cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can't use that password. Please choose another.

DeltaMike99
Joining in

Hi, I'm having problems signing in to My Virgin Media App and keep getting the above error message.  From a quick search, this seems to be a fairly common problem but one that requires a pm from a member of the Forum Team.  Could someone pm me with further guidance, please?

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DeltaMike99

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to set up your my VM. We want to do our best to help. Does the error occur on multiple devices and browsers? Have you tried clearing cookies and cache in the web browser to see if it helps? Also, does your chosen password match the password requirements?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Akua_A,

The error occur does occur on multiple devices (laptop and desktop) and browsers (Chrome, Edge and Firefox).

I have you tried clearing cookies and cache in the web browsers to see if it helps but it hasn't made any difference.

As far as I'm aware my numerous attempts to select a password have complied with the requirements ;

Between 8-10 characters
- Start with a letter
- Contain at least one number
- No special characters

(Although there are slightly different criteria depending where I look on the website.)

I hope this helps the diagnosis.

Thank you

Doug

Hi DeltaMike99,

really sorry to hear you have been unable to set up an Online Account due to not being able to find a password that is accepted, try something specific to you and make sure it starts with a capital letter, has at least 1 number and contains at least one special character, try swapping some letters for number like 1 for I or 0 for O ETC, for instance Ju2tan3xamp1e@.

Regards

Paul.

Hi

This is not a new account.  I want to change my password because I was unable to log in with my old password.  I think that I may have made a mistake when I entered it.  I have now tried numerous time to do this using the guidance that you set out but without success.

Is there any way of resetting my account password i.e. starting from scratch?

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello DeltaMike99.

Thanks for your reply.

I can look into this for you and see if we can reset it from our side.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L