Menu
digga
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I register for Virgin Media acc?

We have been installed about a week now, the phone, the TV and internet are all up and running.

I eventually found a phone number and spoke to a person about the registering page repeating itself and not allowing any progress. I have my Name!, my customer number and my area code .. I can even work the captcha device  .... but still to no avail.

The service assistant told me there was a fault with the register page, and that it would be up and running within 48hrs.. ( how DO they know how long a fault will take to repair?)... fair enough.

I then get an email telling me that it has been repaired and I'm good to go ....  but I'm not

I am still unable to register nor log in.

" The 'agent' that sold me the package and left a contact number is unobtainable ..but leave a msg and they will call you soon" NOT..

Mighty pi**ed off atm...

and breathe ......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I register for Virgin Media acc?

Hi digga,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page. 

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with registering for your online account. 

At what stage does the registration process stop?

Do you get any error messages about this?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
digga
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no error msg.. went through the questions (3 #) and the captcha web bot verifier, press register and the whole process starts again.!!

after a period on 'Live Chat' text, help line and a phone call . Text line pointed me at the help line the phone call said that the problem maybe the fact I'm using Safari - download Chrome and it should be fine' ( it wasn't)

Dhileep on the 'Live Chat' was most helpful... it appears that web safe kicks 'Captcha' out... which TBH is pointless. The Tech' Team need to switch off the Websafe so that you can register!!!!

It protects Virgin Media from Virgin Media   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I see. 

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of this. 

Is your account now set up?

Let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos