cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin doesn't recognise my account

TomMullen1995
Joining in

Hello 

Been trying to log in to my virgin media account but the site is telling me I don't exist on their files. I'm a new customer who has set up broadband that is operating fine, however, I want to be able to manage my profile. 

I've already given the account number and area number provided to me, but still not working. I've tried calling customer service but there isn't an option for my specific need, and there doesn't seem to be a human being I can speak to... From what I gather on here this is a fairly common issue, can anybody tell me how to resolve it? 

Tom 

16 REPLIES 16

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TomMullen1995,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue registering your online account.
Id like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello TomMullen1995,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear we have managed to fix this for you.

Gareth_L

fredpender
Just joined

I am having this same issue, trying to set up a direct debit but it is not recognising my account, how did you fix this?

Hi @fredpender thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here surrounding setting up your Direct Debit.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you, kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Margaux
Tuning in

Hi,

I’m having a similar issue. On the website and app I can only see my old account even though my new broadband was set up 1.5 months ago and I have already received bills.

Could you please fix that and migrate my new account to the website/app?

Thanks,

Hello Margaux,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your online account.

Have you registered the new account number with your email address or are you still using the old account number?

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

The new account number is registered with my email address, as I have been receiving my latest bills on that email address. I'm not using the old account number, yet it's the old/closed account that shows up on the website and app when I log in.

Could you please migrate my new account to the website/app?

Thank you,

Margaux.

Hello Margaux,

Thanks for your reply.

Can I just ask first, Have you registered your new account number with your email address.

The email address we use to send the bills to is not an indication of a new online account being set up.

Are you able to try and register a new account here please, and let us know how you get on.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I've tried to add my new account yes, but I get the message 'we found you' and 'account already set up'. I think it's only taking into account my email address, which is the same for both accounts, and not the new account number. Afterwards, when signing in I can only see my old, closed account.