cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media app

StuartMc1
Tuning in

Hello, 

VM app is not allowing me to set up an account. I’ve tried numerous times, it always says ‘can’t use this password, chose another one’. The passwords are all ‘strong’ & fully adhere to the guide. I’ve spoken to people in call centres who assured me it would be resolved and it hasn’t been. It’s incredibly frustrating. 

I’ve tried on my iPhone on the app and the website and from a PC on the website. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Great to hear StuartMc1 🙂

Is there anything further we can assist with? If not, have a wonderful rest of your day and also do pop us a post should you ever need anything.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi StuartMc1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with registering your new account, can you please try clearing your cache, and trying different devices or browsers?

Do you have a screenshot of the error? (not including any personal details)

Zoie

215C4497-6CD9-4B27-9F6C-71A95BB2035C.png

68FE81E0-B433-48D2-923D-5CD97C4C4B9D.jpeg

 Thanks for trying to help. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi StuartMc1, 

Thank you for your reply, it looks like your password may be too many characters we advise up to 8? Can you see if it will work with 8 characters? Keep us posted.

Zoie

0C41CAD9-6C68-4DF7-821E-952BE79BDC0C.jpeg

Unfortunately that didn’t work either. I’ve cleared cache & used different browser too 😕

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, thank you for trying 😄

I will see if I can create it for you, so will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging me StuartMc1, 

I hope our IT team will be able to assist further on this please keep us posted and if you need updates let us know and we can check for you 🙂

Hello. I’ve successfully managed to log in, thanks for all of your help. 

Great to hear StuartMc1 🙂

Is there anything further we can assist with? If not, have a wonderful rest of your day and also do pop us a post should you ever need anything.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill