cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Unfortunately, My Virgin media has stopped'

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

As per title.

using the app, log into my mobile account OK, and it shows the relevant information.

Top left hand corner is a little 'bell' symbol. This had a small '1' next to it, and 'rings' when I logged in. (obviously a message of some sort) tried to access the message by clicking on the bell symbol, and, the app shuts down, and displays the 'Unfortunately, My Virgin media has stopped working'.

There are 2 options on offer, 1) Report,  2) OK (these options appear to be Googles, not VM's, as trying to 'report' takes you to Googles site.

Unable to access the message, (whatever it is/was) so no way of knowing if it is important or not. 🤔

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HighJarsse, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with the notification bell icon. 

Can you please try using a browser instead? Start off by deleting the cache, cookies and browsing history to see if this helps. It's also worth trying another browser too. 

Let us know if this is an app only issue or whether it's happening on the browser too. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

OK, done a bit of digging here, and , surprise, the 'my Virgin Media' is no longer supported on my Android device..

My phone is running Android 6.0 and was working great on the app to start with, Now, having tried to reload the app, it appears it is not compatible with my  device because it requires Android 7 or newer. (apparently it will still work, but  certain features will not be supported) so assume this is why it terminates when asked to check messages?? (possible that the messages option was added when app was upgraded??)  Who knows??

Not changing a perfectly good working phone, just to be able to open messages from VM (all others work OK!) So, messages from VM to my mobile will go unanswered, sadly!!

Hi HughJarsse, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

We're glad to hear you've been able to figure out the cause. We're sorry to learn that the latest update isn't compatible with your device. 

It's worth checking your My VM account through the browser from time to time to ensure you don't miss any important messages/updates. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs