cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register here with my VM address

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I tried to register here to join the VM Community my email address was not being accepted. It kept stating that the email address is already used by another account. Probably because it is my account!!! After numerous attempts I had to use my gmail account which accepted ok.  Anyone have any idea's please would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ModTeam The Community moderator should be able to investigate if there is another community account registered with your VM email address.

They may well respond to you via a private message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

When I tried to register here to join the VM Community my email address was not being accepted. It kept stating that the email address is already used by another account. Probably because it is my account!!! After numerous attempts I had to use my gmail account which accepted ok.  Anyone have any idea's please would be appreciated.

This Community help forum is not directly linked to the the Virgin Media account database, so the only reason you would get that message is if you had previously created a Community account using the email address concerned.  

There is a similar username to yours (miconesoft) created but unverified in 2017, could that have been you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks very much for your response. I don't recognise that name of miconesoft at all so doubt I created it!!!!

If the name/address wasn't verified back in 2017  shouldn't it have discarded the request?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ModTeam The Community moderator should be able to investigate if there is another community account registered with your VM email address.

They may well respond to you via a private message.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi micon, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

The email would be listed on an old account, this can be removed via an IT ticket and this is why it shows on another account. 

I am glad to see that you have set up the online account. 

Please let me know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your follow up response Chris. I'm happy to carry on using my Gmail account for this forum but might be a good idea to remove the unverified account for good measure. I would hope that my ntlworld account/email address only exists for myself and no other person? Do I need to get an IT ticket raised?

Many thanks 

Mike 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous .  Hello Mike, I think that there is some confusion going on here between My Virgin Media accounts and Community Forum accounts.  All email addresses are unique and can only exist for one user.  Indeed in the case of Virgin media, and I suspect other email suppliers, they can never be reused by a different customer.

I should hold fire on asking for any IT tickets to be raised for now.

Thanks for flagging @Graham_A👍

@Anonymous, I'll drop you a private message shortly to look into this further.

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't seem to find a reply button to pm you?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous  When reading the PM you should see a greyed out reply area underneath the message.  Once you click on that area and type a reply the large red send button should appear.