cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to re-register MyVirginMedia account

dancpalmer
Joining in

I left Virgin 2-3 years ago and now I have returned, they are rejecting my email address due to it being deleted in the past, any fix for this?

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simplest fix is to use a different email address to register.

If the email address that you are trying was a VM one on your old account it should have been deleted by now as this should happen 90 days after you leave.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dancpalmer, thanks for your post here in the community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

As @Graham_A has suggested, part of the T+C's at Virgin Media is that any email addresses that we provide (NTLworld.net, Virginmedia.co.uk or Virgin.net) are disconnected as soon as 90 days after you disconnect with us.

All these email addresses do require active cable services in order to carry on working, but in your case, it appears your email address has been caught much later on in the sweep to be closed off - your email address is what's known as an "orphaned account" due to having no active services it's tied to.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this respons will cause you, but I would recommend creating a new email address as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I would like to just update with the info that the email address used was from Google Mail, and not one associated with Virgin. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will still need to use a different email address to register the new account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @dancpalmer thanks for your reply, and apologies if I misunderstood that you were referring more to My Virgin Media registration rather than the actual use of the email. I guess the subject title was a give away though!

When you try to use an alternative email address to register your new Virgin Media account online, are you still getting an error message or does it let you proceed using a different one?

Many thanks

Tom_W