Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to My Virgin Media

ismailp2
Joining in

Hello,

I have the following error and cannot login to the app or create an account 

We've found your My Virgin Media account, but your old username is no longer valid because you don't have a Virgin Media Mail address anymore. Click 'Continue' to check we've got the correct details for you and to choose a new username.

any advise? 

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ismailp2, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been having an issue with logging in to My VM. To allow us to look in to this further for you, we will need to check things. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ismailp2, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message 🙂 

Checking the system, no My VM account has been set up for this account yet. As you've mentioned you're trying to Log in, have you had a Virgin Media account at this address or a previous address before? If not, when navigating to the Virgin Media site, click in the top right corner and select 'Sign In to My Virgin Media'. Once this page loads, select the option for 'No account? Create one'. 

Once on this page, use your contact email address and you'll also need your account number, site ID and surname. Once you've entered in the information, it should allow you to register. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I have done that and it says I have an account. Then when I click forgot username I get the below screenshot. 

53FE38EE-8D7D-435C-A707-77E8E3B50D58.jpeg

323948BF-7622-47A6-8B0D-FD0859680D9C.jpeg

Hi ismailp2, 

Thanks for sticking with me on this one via private message. 

I'm glad things are sorted for you now. 

In terms of registering for Volt, you just need to log in to your O2 online account and opt in to receiving the benefits. Once you have opted in to receive the benefits, it can take up to 14 days to go live. the O2 benefits and VM benefits are applied separately and one can happen before the other.

Either way, once they are applied you'll be notified by text from both parties. Once it's been 14 days since you applied, if your VM speed boost hasn't gone through, please pop back here so we can help further. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team