cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access email inbox, call centre no help

Emibailey3
Joining in

I have a ntlworld.com email account that I have used for 15+ years. It was working perfectly up until randomly Monday when my phone Mail said there was an error. So I attempted to access it online via the virgin account and received the ‘unable to access’ error message. 

When trying to reset my password it will not go any further than the date of birth page/memorable question page. No error message, allows me to submit but doesn’t load. 

I have rung customer services 3 times now, the first time a lady told me IT were getting involved and k was told I would receive an update by email (helpful when I can’t get in the inbox). The second time I was told I should be able to see the escalation on my online account (I cannot). Then this evening when I rang the guy kept me waiting for 20 minutes to then tell me there is nothing her could do, he gave me a number to call (which is a dead line) and when I said I wanted to escalate it he literally cut me off. He legit hung up on me. 

I don’t know what to do now. My whole life is in those emails. I’m waiting for a job interview confirmation with no other way of contacting them. I have parcels I am trying to track, I have all my mortgage, bank, home insurance info, everything in that inbox. Please could someone help me. 

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Emibailey3,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Email address you have had for 15 + years has stopped working.

Do you still have an active Virgin Media account associated with the Email address?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I do yes. Actually my partner was able to reset the password this morning. So I have access again. I have redirected all emails elsewhere now. Disgusted with the ‘service’ received from virgin and will not be renewing all other packages after this year. 

Hi Emibailey3,

Glad to hear you now have access, sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience when trying to get help with this, if you wish to raise an official complaint you can do this Via our Complaints Code Of Practice.

Regards

Paul.

Hi

I cant access my emails on my mobile or a web browser.

Regards Wayne

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @lewismitch28, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the E-Mal account.

Can you please confirm if you're an active user of our Virgin Media broadband services?

Have you also attempted to go through the 'Forgotten Password' route to see if this allows you to gain access?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn