cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test function in My VM App return error.

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Hello. 

The test equipment function, in the status section of this app has never worked. 

It alseyas return this message. This happen both when there is an outage and when there isn't one. 

I'll attach a picture soon (as the same app doesn't react to allow a picture to be inserted) when opened the community page from the same sectiion.

Is this a common problem, you known? Since it never worked on more than one device, would this be a bug or my device/account/setup? 

I can run the test via a browser, truely, but was wondering why have this function there id it's not functional. Moreso on a revamped app. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Working ok for me in the My VM app.

It may sound like a cliche, but have you tried deleting all the app storage followed by deleting the app itself.  Restart the device and then re install the app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AlexanderMTTH,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues when trying to use our services status diagnostics page.

We have had no reports that there are any issues, can we ask if you have followed our valued member @Graham_A advice?

You can also use the link here.

Please can you let us know if it has worked? If not please come back to us for further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Graham 
Hi Jodi 

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try all the steps you mentioned just now. It didn't work. 

I haven't tried them like this, as I've changed my phone two times or so, and reset at least once (I think only once, I don't recall precisely if more). So I didn't think of deleting the data and reinstaling would be needed. But I took your advice and did that, with the same result. I've tried to install it on a different device, but I only have two identical phones - so if it's the device, might be two of them (Xiaomi Redmi 9). 

This is how the error looks like: 

Screenshot_2021-08-22-21-17-37-875_com.virginmedia.android.youraccount.jpg 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AlexanderMTTH,

Thanks for providing the screenshot and sorry that re-installing has not helped.

Please can I just confirm, is the issue replicated on your second Xiaomi Redmi 9? 

Thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Molly. 

It is, yes. I've tried it now on 4 devices, but they are all the same model. 

Thanks. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AlexanderMTTH

Thanks for getting back to us.

Are you able to test if it works on a different device / model if possible and let me know what happens? I'm wondering if the issue may be specific to the Xiaomi Redmi 9.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hello Serena 

Thanks for the reply. I've checked on my Lenovo Chromebook - which operates on Android as well. 
The same issues happened so it doesn't seem to be isolated to Xiaomi, maybe something related to my account? 

See the print screen below - reset the router after this print screen, the same issue. Disconnected and reconnected Wifi. 
Reset the device - restarted the device, so most basis, is not a bit more than that (hard router reset) done and tried again. 

PSX_20210825_191016.jpg

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @AlexanderMTTH,

Many thanks for your reply and sorry to see that this issue has persisted across multiple devices.

I'd like to help look further into this for you, we may need to raise a ticket with our IT department. I'll just send you a private message first to confirm some account details and we'll go from there - just look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hey Molly 

Thank you for this, I've answered your questions via private message. 
Will keep you posted with the development of this. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander