cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer cant register online

Stewrog1982
Tuning in

Hi I'm a returning customer as i left last year and my services are set to start again tomorrow. I recieved an email to register for my virgin media. I can't do this as every time I input my email it says sorry your leaving and won't let me re register. I tried online help and they said it will work when services start but I don't think it will. Sounds like my old account is linked to my email so this needs reset will someone on here be able to do this? 

26 REPLIES 26

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unless you have arranged a Move and Transfer of your old account you will need to use a new email address to register the new account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

How can you do this as it says to use email you used when you bought the package that's my old email. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team staff should respond in due course to advise you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi all,

I also have this problem, re-joined VM as a new customer after using a different supplier fir the last 18 months.

I didn't think this would be a problem as my email address was accepted when I signed back up.

They will have loads of people with these issues as the big companies keep giving new customers better offers then existing customers and then wonder why they are losing their existing customers. I left VM and went to sky because of this and now Sky want my eyes so I'm back.

Hi Stewrog1982, welcome back to the community! It is lovely to hear you have returned to us as your provider. 

Sorry to hear of your difficulties getting registered for My Virgin Media with your new account. There are several reasons this could be happening:

1) As your services are not yet activated the My VM account has not clicked over on our systems to being active which is preventing your access. I know you mentioned you are due to complete installation today (7th April) - it would be good to know if you are able to access My VM once your services are active! It is worth trying a password reset through the 'forgotten password' option when trying to log in if you still have difficulties. 

2) The email address you were trying to register/log-in to My VM with is still associated with your old account and not the new one. We will need to raise an IT ticket for you internally to ensure your email addresses are provisioned correctly across old and new accounts. In order to do this we will need to send you a PM to confirm some details (including your email addresses) to be sure we have your account provisioned correctly. 

I will send you a PM to confirm these details so we can ensure this gets resolved for you as quickly as possible. We will return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible! 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly, Are you able to send me a PM also please - I have the same issue and my services are due to start on the 12th April.

I've tried the password reset etc this morning and no luck.

Was there any update on this issue?

I still can't register as I'm having same problem so I have sent them another private message