cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer- can't register with old email address

DarthPower
Joining in

Hi, I've just returned to Virgin Media but I can't register for My Virgin Media with my email address, as it's 'already in use'. Can anyone tell me if I can reset or wipe my old account, or how to deregister my email from the old account?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
if that's the case it's prob best creating an email solely for VM and when you decide to leave you can delete the account.
their system is a bit weird, I log in with my email ending @e.email but I have to use a different one for my bills as VM says this email is not valid, go figure!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @DarthPower,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your online account.

Please do try using a different Email address as mentioned above, let us know how this goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, I have had numerous calls to get this fixed and failed. I have tried a different email address as suggested, and that still does not work. I have been told you will delete my old account, that you would merge the old and new accounts, and I still can`t set up an account. Your tech team were to take a look - that was 2 weeks ago! People swap providers all the time, I did not have this issue when I re-joined Sky.

Please can you help or escalate this to management level as I am becoming increasingly frustrated and considering my long term custom with Virgin.

Many thanks.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @DarthPower,

Thanks for your response.

I am sorry to see that you are not getting the resolve for this, I can understand why you are frustrated with us.

I will send a private message now, please do look our for a purple envelope at the top right of your page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide