cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejoined VM and can't login

PaulH81
Joining in

I've just rejoined VM after a 3 year gap, but my email address is the same.

I think it is linked to my old contract, so I can't log in and manage my orders or billing.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

5 REPLIES 5

Sololobo
Superstar

Your email address will not be the same.

From May 2022 new customers to VM are not being provided with a virgin media email address and do not have the ability to create one.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account

Please note, Virgin Media no longer offers the ability for customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses. Customers with an existing Virgin Media email address will not be affected; their mail account will remain as is.

You will have to use a third party email address with your new account.

I suspect you are correct, that your old email address is still associated with your old account (and if fact should have been closed 90 days after you left VM). It's highly unlikely your old email address can be associated with your new account due to DPA considerations and the above VM statement.

You should request that your old email address is properly closed as a matter of urgency.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PaulH81

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion over the online account. You have been provided the right information, we are no longer allowing new email addresses, however, it's not the answer to what you've asked. 

This is a Move and Transfer of the log in email for the online account from the old account, to the new one. This process takes 24 hours and I'll send you a PM now to help 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I stand corrected.

For an account closed 3 years ago, I'm surprised that the original email address is still live and active and available for a Move and Transfer when it should have been closed after 90 days.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

If it's a Virgin Media email, this would be correct or should be. Hopefully it's not though so we can sort it.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PaulH81

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, this account can't be found so given sales number to call and they can assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team