cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register new account password requirement not met

nj_zaman
Joining in

I am a Virgin Media customer since December and I am trying to register for an account on MyVirginMedia.

I am not able to do this as whatever I try, I am getting an error. Despite saying “all password requirement met” when I enter the password, when I try to continue I get the error "You can't use that password. Please choose another" I have tried weak, moderate and strong passwords, minimum 8 characters with 1 uppercase, at least 1 number and no two same letters side by side (as advised by customer services).

I have tried both through a few browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Edge, cleared caches and also tried through the MyVirginMedia app and get the same error each time.

I have contacted customer services several times with tickets raised but no progress. I can see from other Forum posts that this seems to be a common issue - please can someone help me solve this so can set up and access my account?

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey nj_zaman,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having registering for your online account, I can see that you have tried everything that we would suggest to try and get it registered.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message nj_zaman, I have now raised this with our support team and once I have any further updates, I will be back in touch to let you know.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Sorry for the delays in getting back to you with a resolution to your account creation issues. Our support team have come back to us and have confirmed that this has now been resolved. 

Please can you try to create your online account for me and let me know if that now works for you?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L