cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem registering/logging in on My VM

robatwork
On our wavelength

Hi I hope you can help,

I have a problem with getting setup on "My Virgin Media".

VM broadband was installed last week, and before this I tried registering through the steps on https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media, but it bombed out. Now I can't register again, nor reset my password:

You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account.

To reset your password, please contact us and one of our team will help you.

It appears that my account is only half-registered.

I can't get through on the phone, and spent an hour in an online chat session but got nowhere other than a promise "it will work once the install is completed". It didn't.

Any help gratefully received.

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi robatwork,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems registering to My Virgin Media. I've had a look on our end, and it does appear that things have now been fully set up. Can you please try signing in again, to see if you're able to do so?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hello Reece, thank you for your reply

I'm not sure if I made my OP clear but I don't know what password was setup on the account. All I can now do is click the link to Reset Password. When I do this however, I still get

msedge_gYDSkGdcxg.png

Can I ask that you reset the password and email  the link so that I can proceed?

many thanks

Thank you for clarifying this @robatwork.

I am sending you a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @robatwork.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs