cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary account holder...

Macster54
Joining in

Recently got a new phone and tried to logging into the Virgin Media app - keep getting an error stating it can only be accessed by the primary account holder - I am the primary account holder and I've double checked the email and password.

Any ideas for to fix this?

11 REPLIES 11

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Macster54,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having this issue when trying to access the app. Would you mind providing a screenshot of the error message that is appearing for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Screenshot_20210623-082104.jpg

Hi @Macster54,

Thanks for providing that. To clarify, are you referring to the My Virgin Media app or a different one?

Can you also confirm at what point this screen and error message appears for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes, when trying to access the My Virgin Media app.

Just tried it again this morning using the same log in details that's stored on my phone and, lo and behold, it worked.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Macster54.

I am sorry for the issues with the app version, am I correct in saying you are now able to log in on the website version?

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sorry for the confusion, no I can now log into the app using the same log in details as I use with the desktop version.

The error seems to have either rectified itself or someone has worked their magic behind the scenes.

Hi Macster54,

Thanks for updating us on this 🙂 Technology can be temperamental but I'm glad this time it began behaving itself eventually lol 

If you have any more problems with this aspect, please let us know.

For anything else, just create a new post and we'll be there to help!

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

I get this error. Haven’t changed phones but have changed to Virgin sim. Can login online fine, just not the app. It’s sending me round the bend 

208A463A-111F-4443-8CA8-495D07910C28.jpeg

Hi Jnmls

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Can you delete the app and re-install it for me?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill