cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password not accepted when registering for my vigin media

Sarah_Walker22
Joining in

Hey

I am new Virgin Media customer and I am trying to register on MyVirginMedia.

I am not able to do this as whatever I try, I am getting the error "You can't use that password. Please choose another" when entering a password for my account.

I have tried both through a few browsers: Firefox, Chrome and Edge and also through the MyVirginMedia app on Android and get the same error whatever.

It says that "All password requirements met " but won't allow me to create a password whatever I try.  I can see from other Forum posts that this seems to be a common issue - please can someone help me solve this so can access my account?

Apologies to the original poster, I have copied your post as it asks exactly what I need to and you have received a response!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message, I have tried to create your online account from here with the same result, I have now passed this over to our support team to look into and once they come back with an update, I will be in touch to advise.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Sarah_Walker22,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with registering for your online account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message, I have tried to create your online account from here with the same result, I have now passed this over to our support team to look into and once they come back with an update, I will be in touch to advise.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I'm having the same problems, can't set a password when registering for the my virgin app

Hi Zinori,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues trying to register for an online account with us.

Can we ask if you have been installed and your services are active? We only ask because if you've not yet been installed, you will not be able to register for an online account until your service become active.

If you are can you please ensure you are following ALL of the below criteria when choosing a password?

•  Between 8-10 characters.

•  Must start with a letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  No special characters.
If you are 100% sure that the above requirements are all being met, can we ask you to try some different password variations? This is because we've had reports of customers being able to proceed when doing this and it's mainly because some choices are too guessable to be allowed.

Can we also ask you to try registering through the Virgin Media app or through another web browser to see if this helps?

If this does not work, come back to us. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

I am having the same issue since 2nd October. I called and logged the issue then but still the same problem anddd no resolution. Many password variations attempted and all legitimate. Please help me resolve this

Hey mrsvsing, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

Please try making an account in private mode and try using a very simple password, try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks. This is a common problem on your app/site. I have tries everything including clearing cache and using different browsers. Same result and online. This needs tech support please

Did you follow the advice above?

If so what error message did it give you? I find a very simple password will work for this.

Please do let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew, yes, as stated in my reply all of these options have been attempted.