cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password invalid

Skinjob
Joining in

I am trying to create an account on Virgin Media Connect.

I had forgotten my Virgin Media account password

I requested the reset link but every possible password I try is shown as invalid.

The only guide is that it should be 8 or more characters and not contain my username.

I think we may need more to go on than that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Skinjob  Virgin Media's password policy is:

8 to 64 characters
can only contain alphanumerical characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and the following additional characters !@#&*_
must contains at least one letter and numerical character

There also appears to be a bug which says that the password hasn't been accepted when in fact it has.

Issues relating to the VM Connect app are not covered in this forum area.  They should be posted in the Broadband, Network and WiFi forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Skinjob  Virgin Media's password policy is:

8 to 64 characters
can only contain alphanumerical characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) and the following additional characters !@#&*_
must contains at least one letter and numerical character

There also appears to be a bug which says that the password hasn't been accepted when in fact it has.

Issues relating to the VM Connect app are not covered in this forum area.  They should be posted in the Broadband, Network and WiFi forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Skinjob,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues signing into the connect app.

I can see Graham_A has offered some great advice, if however you still need help let me know and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm