Menu
emmarudland
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing issues with creating a password!!!!

I have been trying to create a virgin media account for my broadband for over 2 weeks. Every password I enter no matter what word it is, is either too long, too weak or too short. 

I have looked all over this forum and tried contacting virgin multiple times for help but get absolutely nothing in reply, or I get a response that is ridiculous - like sign in and make a complaint.

I've tried creating an account online and on the app and nothing works. How do I create a password that the online system will recognize and let me continue with!! I've tried with a capital letter, lower case letter and number and it still doesn't work. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing issues with creating a password!!!!

Hi emmarudland, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the struggles you've been having when trying to create an online account. Can I ask if you have tried a different web browser or a different device to do this? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
emmarudland
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had tried multiple different browsers and tried using the app and neither worked.

I reported this to Virgin over 2 weeks ago and they said they would inform IT who would contact me but no one has. I then decided to try again with another couple of passwords. finally it accepted one that contained part of my own name, no numbers or upper case letters so the guidance on your website for a strong password is incorrect. the password I have entered which for over 2 weeks is the only one that your system would accept is the least secure of all of my passwords, just FYI. It wouldn't accept anything more secure. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting me know. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos