cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving "Forgot your password" email

PeterSmith1990
Tuning in

I am trying to set up an account as I'm receiving a new box this week after taking over from my former housemate's account.
I started setting up an account last week, but the password I chose wasn't saved to my laptop (I had to do a convoluted one as there was also errors with setting up a password...)

I've clicked the link about forgetting my password, but haven't recieved any emails.

I have an email to verify my email address, but that either takes me too a page saying 'complete your profile' with no further info, or it tells me the link has expired and to re-send the link, but again, I'm not getting that email either.

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PeterSmith1990 

Have you tried right clicking on the link, then copying and pasting it into either an incognito window or different browser? It's worked for a few people.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey there.

I've tried that on Microsoft edge and on incognito on chrome, but haven't had any success unfortunately.

The verification link just sends me to this page; there are no hyperlinks or anything to help me progress.

FT7dE8cWAAEkhdT.jpg

Hi PeterSmith1990

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues changing your password at this time. Can you advise what happens when you select 'complete your profile'?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley

If it is a link, I'm not able to click it.
I've tried a few times, but the page changes to a a message saying my 'verification email' had expired, and a new one would be sent to me, but I haven't recieved any.

Hey PeterSmith1990,

Are you able to try another device please and see if it works on there? Sometimes certain devices will not load up the web page for whatever reason but works completely fine on another. If you have a computer / tablet / mobile that you could try with please. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas 

I've just tried on my mobile and on my tablet.

My tablet took me to same blank page saying 'Complete my profile'.
My mobile gave me the option re-send the verification code, but I haven't gotten it. I also tried the 'forgotten' password option on my mobile, but haven't gotten the email for that either.

Hey @PeterSmith1990.

I've just read through the post again and my apologies for not picking it up earlier, if I'm correct the registration for My Virgin Media will not go through until the account is live, the reason being it links with the account number on our end of the system.

Until it goes live it will not register and this is the reason why you're having these issues, please wait until the services are installed then try again please.

Thank you.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ahh! That makes sense.

No problem. It's being installed the 4th, so will try again after then : )

Thank you.

@PeterSmith1990, not to worry sir! Try it after the installation and let us know how it goes!

Thank you!

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team