cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user cannot login

chungf
Joining in

I am newly registered with Virgin Media. In the process of signing up for a new account, the server started returning errors just when I was choosing a new password. Thereafter I am left in limbo – upon trying to sign up again, I’m told my account is already set up; upon trying to reset my password, the server says, “You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account.

I contacted Virgin Media webchat last week, and was asked to sign up using another e-mail address after 24 hours. Attempting to do so, the server says my account number is already associated with my original e-mail address, so this solution didn’t work either.

Can my incomplete sign-up be simply wiped, so that I can sign up again? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chungf 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to register for your new online account. We can check to see if the online account has been set up at our side and see if we are able to change the password for you at our side. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chungf 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you've not been able to register for your new online account. We can check to see if the online account has been set up at our side and see if we are able to change the password for you at our side. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @chungf

Glad to hear we've managed to get this fully resolved for you today. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley