cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order

Kay250318
Joining in

Good afternoon 

I recently joined virgin media as my partner left us and took his account with him but it seems he used my emails address I’ve tried to set up to register my virgin media but it won’t let me it keeps saying I’m already registered but i am not and can’t tack my order or set up payments etc. my order supposed to be coming to day I’ve had no contact and having to stay in when need to go out but can’t register my account to get online I would appreciate some help if possible thank you in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kay250318,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced regarding this, out of curiosity, does your partner have another email set up on their account also? 

If so we'll need to get in contact with the holder to get that part rectified.

Just to clarify also, have you not received any order confirmation?

Thanks,

Kain

Yeah received order confirmation and everything and contract and told be delivered today 

and regarding ex partner I don’t know what email they have now am afraid don’t speak to them as he moved away 

just when am putting my email in and account number saying already registered it won’t let me do anything 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kay250318  if you were using an email address that was set up on your  ex partner's account then the email address is controlled by him as the account holder.  He can delete it if he chooses to do so and also has control over the password for the account and can access all emails on the account.

You will need to use a new email address with your new broadband account.  You should also alert all your contacts of your new email address and change any account login details that used the old email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham

thank you for message I have alerted all my contacts first thing I did. Also I didn’t know he used my email address but once I registered I’ve got my contract and everything but when I go to enter my account details to register it says it’s registered to my ex email address so I can’t change anything or even sort payments or anything I can’t even get into my account at all the new one I have set up I am stuck my order was supposed or be here today it hasn’t arrived so can’t get on to investigate or contact virgin as can’t register my account 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses,

To ensure your order information is sent to you I'll drop you a PM to discuss further.

Thanks,

Kain

Thank you