cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer cannot register for My Virgin Media

johnnygrr
Tuning in

hello i recently signed up for virgin media, and have been sent an email asking me to register for a "My Virgin Media account" but when i click the link and enter my email, the webpage says 

"Oops, we've ran into a problem. Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)"

It has been doing this to me for over a week, on different browsers and devices. 

13 REPLIES 13

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @johnnygrr,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues registering for an online account.

Are you able to try our registration link here: Register for MyVirginMedia? Please let us know if this helps at all and if the website is loading up. 

Can you confirm at what stage you're seeing the error? Are you able to share a screenshot of this? Please ensure that all personal details are removed or covered up before posting an image on the Forums.

Keep us updated so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hmmmm that’s let me enter my email address but it will not accept any passwords. 

You can't use that password. Please choose another  

I have tried multiple variations of acceptable passwords which all meet the criteria. 

Does the page not give you a reason for why the password was not accepted? If possible, can you try another password? This can be changed in the future via your online account, if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

As you can see in the attached, the password is acceptable as meeting the criteria but no matter what password I try, I get the error message at the top. Very annoying!

99CAB76D-6595-4AF2-8A5B-1DEC17836762.png

I'd like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM to confirm some details 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hello, did you manage to get this fixed?

i have the exact same problem for the last few days trying to register and it’s getting very frustrating and I can’t seem to get answers as to why?

thanks 

Hi, I was told it's because my install date isn't for a few weeks so I think you can only register for your online account close to or after your install date. 

Hi @jasmin123456,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having a similar issue with registering for your my VM account. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to confirm does this occur on multiple browsers and devices? When did you sign up for our services and also has your service been installed yet?

Please get back in touch with us so we can further look into this for you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you 😊