cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - selecting a password for Virgin Media registration

Sm00713
Joining in

I'm trying to register for a new Virgin Media account. When I choose a password it says "You can't use that password. Please choose another." with no indication of what is wrong with it. I've tried many different ones all satisfying the requested criteria.

I Called Virgin Media for help, who told me it would be escalated higher and I would receive a callback. I did not receive a callback, instead I received a letter regarding remembering my memorable word which wasn't the issue.

From other posts on here this seems like a common issue. Is there a way to fix it?

I have also tried what I have found on recent message

- Between 8-10 characters
- Start with a letter
- Contain at least one number
- No special characters

Still no joy, how can I register for my account Please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sm00713,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to see that you're having some issues registering for your online account!

Apologies that you did not receive a call back and received an unnecessary letter that was irrelevant to your issue. 

Can you confirm if you've tried to use different unique passwords to try to register?

Have you tried registering on different web browsers and devices to see if this will bypass this error?

Please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help further if this issue continues.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sm00713,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to see that you're having some issues registering for your online account!

Apologies that you did not receive a call back and received an unnecessary letter that was irrelevant to your issue. 

Can you confirm if you've tried to use different unique passwords to try to register?

Have you tried registering on different web browsers and devices to see if this will bypass this error?

Please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help further if this issue continues.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

• I have tried different browsers, also the app, all types of passwords that meet the criteria. It even comes with the tick to say password meets the criteria yet still comes back with the same message saying “you can’t use that password. Please choose another” 

• 558DFB81-7E86-4D87-88F7-D1E36F8F67AC.png

B55E9A14-239F-4E72-BC1C-8D6ED2BD260F.png

Hi @Sm00713 

Thanks for coming back to us. I will pop you a PM over now to help further

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Sm

Just wondered if you ever got the password situation sorted. I have been trying to resolve since the 10/1 when I had the equipment installed. It really is shocking. So far all I have achieved is £20 off of my bill.

Cheers

LoneRangers

having the exact same issue tried different devices, browser etc... no joy 

Hello GingeARB.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with registering your online account.
I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

stewart20493
Joining in

did you get the password issue sorted, I am having  the same problem too!

Can anyone help me please?

Regards

Stewart

Hi Stewart, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having the same issue when trying to register for My VM. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Having the same problem. Really is quite shocking this hasn't been resolved by virgin. Seems to have been an issue for years.