cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - selecting a password for Virgin Media registration

stevedc1
Joining in

I'm trying to register for a new Virgin Media account. When I choose a password it says "You can't use that password. Please choose another." with no indication of what is wrong with it. I've tried many different ones all satisfying the requested criteria.

From other posts on here this seems like a common issue. Is there a way to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there stevedc1,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I know you've stated the password follows the criteria however just to clarify on the thread, does it follow these points?

- Between 8-10 characters
- Start with a letter
- Contain at least one number
- No special characters
 Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain,

I'm not sure if they all matched the criteria you list, which is slightly different to what is requested on the webpage which just requires:

- Be between 8 and 64 characters long

- Not contain your username

But all previous passwords seemed okay because they all were green ticked and said "All requirements met". In any case, I've just tried a password which also matches your criteria and I'm still getting the "You can't use that password. Please choose another." error.

Hi @stevedc1,

Thanks for coming back to us. This is a wider issue that we are aware of but are you able to try again with a password that meets the criteria provided in our last message by Kain?

Let us know if that works or if you need further support. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I already tried the criteria Kain suggested as I said in my last message and this still didn't work.

Hey @stevedc1, sorry to hear you're still facing issues with the 'My Virgin Media' password stage. This is an ongoing issue affecting the wider community.

I will send you a request for a private message - watch out for the purple envelope.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs