cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Billing

Maxim104
Tuning in

Hi, Since signing up to Virgin, I can't access anything in the virgin media app, when I click billing, then make a payment it says I owe £0, when I click anything else it just takes me back to the home page, my direct debit wasn't taked this month, I've just received my next bill with a late payment charge via email, when I click view bill I get a blank Internet page, same when I click Pay bill.

I raised this with an agent in India when I had first signed up but it didn't get resolved, I've tried reinstalling the app, makes no difference, it used to say "this is a secondary account" doesn't even say that anymore so here I am, unable to pay, no DD being taken, getting hit with late payment charges for a bill I can't even access, my very first bill was sent to me by the agent in India, the last 2 I haven't been able to access.

I also raised a complaint and got a stupid response back which didn't resolve the issue at all, in fact it just went off on a tangent like it was 2 lines written then a template copied.

I can see the direct debit is set up correctly in my online banking but Virgin havent tried to collect the payment.

From what I can see, whoever set the account up, messed it up as initially they took a payment from my partners bank which was attached to their old Virgin account and I had to get that changed, since then, no payments have been taken, complain not dealt with, Indian agent could not fix it and I'm currently unable to access or pay my bill.

Anybody got any ideas how I will get this resolved without calling and getting through to India as that is way too painful and a waste of time anyway.

Thanks in advance guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My issue has now been resolved, thanks for tge offers to help guys and if it was one of you who fixed it, thanks very much

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Maxim104 

Can you access your account via a browser? 

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

If not what error messages does it show?

If it does log in, then is to your current account, or to your partners old account?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo, can't access through a browser,  I do log into my account (not my partners although it used to say my account was a secondary account and to speak to the account holder when I tried to access the bill, that stopped after the agent from India got me to uninstall/reinstall the app) but I can't access anything from within the account, I can't even check what package I'm on, when I click on any of the links on the attached screenshot, I get through to the next option: ie: mobile billing or BB/TV/Phone etc but when I click the next link I get returned to the attached screenshot so I can't do anything within the account

Screenshot_20230518_174355_Samsung Internet.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Sara,

It looks like it's just bringing up the Help page, which is the option in the bottom right corner of the page that opens when yuo log into the app.

Can you please try a different device?

I would also ignore the app and try logging in via a different browser or incognito window and see if that helps.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Maxim104

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Just to clarify please, have you set up a new account with us in your name?

If so, you will need to register for My Virgin Media using the new account number/area reference please.

Has that been done as of yet?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Maxim104, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see my colleague has reached out asking for some details, please do feel free to reply when you can. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Vikki, I've tried everything and still not resolved but I think I've just spotted the issue.

It's my account number, in the app the last digit is a 2 yet the email saying I owe money, the last digit is a 3 so the account number in the app is wrong so something is messed up, 

Still not sure how to get it resolved and this is now affecting my credit file due to late payments being logged by virgin, the account number when I log into the app is wrong as I cant access anything and it says I've never made a payment and I owe £0, it's the last number of the account number which is wrong, it is a 2 instead of a 3, I called Virgin but I'm not confident in a resolution as the agen seemed unsure of what to do.

If you could help in any way it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Matthew, I now know what the issue is but still don't know how to resolve it.

I've just created a new account, still get the same issue, the reason why is that it seems to default to my partners old account number, I can log into my partners account and can access everything, my account number is the same apart from the last number yet when I create my new account its like it's defaulting to my partners account number, in my name and I can't access anything.

Something is wrong at your end.

If you could help in anyway it would be much appreciated

Kind regards

Paul

Good Afternoon @Maxim104, thanks for coming back to our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to hear that this is ongoing.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll seek to have this looked into for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn