cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVirginMedia App

J450NC
On our wavelength

The “status” tab at the foot of the page in the MyVirginMedia App fails to load.

Ive tried on two different devices but it still fails.

ive deleted the app and reinstalled it, but I still get a “something went wrong” page with a “retry” option and selecting this just returns you to the same error page. At the foot of the page is an error code EC:N4

Does anyone know what the solution is to this error ? 
All the other tabs appear to work fine, billing etc loads no problem.

25 REPLIES 25

HI J450NC.

Can I just ask if this happens when not connected to your WIFI?

Gareth_L

J450NC
On our wavelength

Not sure on what your asking here ?

if I use the App on either my iPhone or iPad the status page fails to load - connected to my WiFi

if I use the Web page on either device I can access the status page on either device

if I tether to my iPhone and use the App it still fails.

Clearly if your engineer using an iPhone has the same issue using the App it is unrelated to my WiFi connection.

Thank you for your response.

Is your service fault now resolved following the visit?

Was the engineer able to advise on what could be causing the app error?

Please pop back to us when you can .

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

J450NC
On our wavelength

The service engineer is UNRELATED to the App issue, I showed him the issue while he was there - that’s all, he tried on his iPhone using the App on his iPhone and got the same error.

Therefore multiple users of the VM App have the same issue. The only point in mentioning the engineer was that he verified on his device he has the same fault as other users. 

So in answer to your question - he doesn’t / didn’t have a clue why your App wouldn’t load, but experienced the same issue. Independent verification by your own ‘technical’ employee.

can we stop prevaricating and get to the matter in hand that there is an issue with the VM App that multiple users have experienced - including your own engineer ! 

Good Morning @J450NC, can you please advise me if you're able to access the Status tab on your My VM app this morning?

I've been able to try this on my account and this hasn't given me any issues. 

I am however using an Android device, do you possibly have an Android device you can attempt - if this is still apparent on your Apple devices?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

J450NC
On our wavelength

I’ve tried again this morning, same page error being returned on the “status” tab all other pages working.

No I don’t use android devices, yes fault is still apparent on both Apple devices.

Thanks for coming back to me @J450NC.

I'll need to ensure this is logged with our IT team to see if this can be resolved.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for my private message.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi,

I am experiencing the same thing. I'm on an iPhone 12, the error code I'm seeing is EC:N4

Please could someone get in touch with me also?

Thank you 🙂

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Paxjah,

Thanks for raising your concern and welcome to the community. 

Sorry for the issues faced with the App, can I ask just out of curiosity, does the MyVM webpage work fine for yourself?

Let us know,

Kain

Muffle
Joining in

I am also experiencing this. I have an iPhone 11.