cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyVirgin wont accept any password

Gokane
Tuning in

I have received an email to set up my Virgin account so I can access my ebilling, but it wont accept any password I create. I have tried this in multiple internet browsers and cleared my browsing histroy, but it still doesn't work. It doesn't even explain why it can't accept that password. It's frustrating already and we haven't even started using your service. Not a great start.

29 REPLIES 29

DanielRhys
Joining in

I am having the exact same issue. 
I have also used multiple browsers, different phones, clearing cache etc. I’ve tried my own personal passwords and Apple suggest strong passwords. Despite the app saying it meets the criteria, it won’t accept anything. 

Sorry to piggy back off your post but hopefully we can both find some help. 

D1EF2D86-2BA8-4315-994D-F0C4C5A79D2C.png

Yes! I get exactly the same, I'm trying to set it up in the desktop and it wont accept anything even though it says the criteria is met. So frustrating. I'm having my partner try it from another pc, so will just have to see if that works. I think this has been a common issue for other users before too.

I’d love to try a PC, but I still am not set up yet because they cancelled my engineer visit -.-

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gokane and @DanielRhys

I'm really sorry to hear you're both having issues when trying to register to My Virgin Media. Can I confirm some things for both you of you:

Have you both been installed at your property? If you have not yet been installed, you will not be able to register to My Virgin Media until an Engineer has visited, or your equipment has been remotely activated.

@Gokane - are you receiving a different error to DanielRhys' screenshot?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,
My installation is scheduled for 8th June. I guess that would explain why I can’t log in yet. Thanks for explaining that. I didn't realise I have to wait until it’s installed, as it asked me to set up my account now.
Also, the email says I can track my order by setting up a Virgin Media account. So how is it possible to do this if I can’t create an account?

The error I receive is exactly the same, yes.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Gokane,

Thanks for the response.

I will try to get this raised for you, please look out for a purple envelope at the top right of your screen.

I will speak to you privately from there.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Messymane
Tuning in

I had same issue even tried password managers but finally i tried a password with 8 letters then a number so 8 - 10 characters long and.....it worked also I'm not connected yet as my router arrives in 4 or 5 days

Hey Messymane, thank for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you cannot make an online account. 

We have recently made some improvements to our website which has affected some customers not being able to make an online account. 

Please can you try and make an online account via this link 

Also Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. Please do let me know how you get on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

• Hi Matthew, thanks for replying but I was actually having the password issues then came here for answers and using what I found on here I then tried just using 8 to 10 characters no special characters and included a number so 8 letters and a number and this worked for me and I am now signed in the app ready for my connection date. I came back on here to let others know they can do the same, start with a letter then only 8 to 10 characters with a number included but no symbols. Anyway thanks for reaching out, I know where to come if I have any further issues