cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media

miker0
Tuning in

Since Virgin Media downgraded My virgin Media ( Virgin Media called it an upgrade ) no longer able to use Virgin Media Apps ( Go , Connect etc ) on my laptop. Says iphone and ipad only. While on holiday in USA could check program listing etc and update recording, both new and existing. 

Also found new website almost useless. Used to be usable. Can only get to apps if not logged into account. 

5 REPLIES 5

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Virgin Media don't have any apps for computers.

Virgin Media Connect app is Android or iOS only.

Virgin TV Go has a website for streaming in the UK and management of 360 boxes here https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

For V6 / TiVo, Virgin TV Control is also Android and iOS only but some basic management of existing series links and recordings is available via the link in the TV Go website.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I have been using Connect and Go on laptops since 2017, but because of Covid have been at home since March 2019 and so have not used the apps recently. Going to Google app store can install the apps, however when you select the app it takes you back to the store so it can be installed

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What laptop do you have?

The Virgin Media apps are only officially supported on Android phones and tablets. They're not supported on devices like Chromebooks.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Interesting. I have an HP laptop and a Chromebook. On the Chromebook can go to Google App Store , download Virgin Media Apps

which then display an open option. Can open app , connect to virgin account , but cannot complete connection to hub, 

because cannot scroll window to get to enter address. May have worked on my first Chromebook which did have a scrollbar.

On the HP laptop can go to Google App Store , download Virgin Media Apps but no open option displayed. 

Sounds like problem is with Microsoft. I have had similar problems in the past, with apps which do not run windows 10 but did on 9.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @miker0,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your laptop.

We are unable to help with 3rd party devices, please contact Microsoft regarding this.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide