cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Virgin Media App has wrong details

markrmoran1
Joining in

Hi have just switched Virgin Media accounts from my wife’s name to mine, which has involved being onboarded as a new customer. 

when I log in to My Virgin Media on the web it has all my details and account information.  

if I use the same login details to log in to the app, it still shows my wife’s name (old account) and has nonpckage information in the app. 

have tried deleting and reinstalling the app - no change- and also changing the email used to login to the account - no change. 

3 REPLIES 3

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @markrmoran1

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂 Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are having with the My Virgin Media app, that is very strange to hear that this only occurs when using the App and not the website.

Are you using the App on multiple devices? If so, are the details still your wife's details when you use the App on a different device?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena

I've only ever used on device to login to the app. We used the same details (email address) to log in to my wife's account previously - but logging in with that now gives different details on web vs. app.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me. Can you try logging out of the app, then clearing your cache and deleting your cookies on your handset? Let me know if this improves things.

Best wishes,

Serena