cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, but MVA still shows old account details

Chrom2um86
Tuning in

Hi all,

I think I've had a similar issue to some other folk on this forum, but don't seem to be getting anywhere fast.

Last year I moved from my house of 9 years (number 26 for simplicity) into my parent's home (number 50) while waiting for a new-build property, taking my VM services with me. I could log into MVA and see a drop-down that showed my old account at number 26 along with my new account at number 50 and I could switch between the two...happy days!

I've now moved from number 50 to my new build (number 8 ) but this time when I log in I'm told that I've been disconnected and I'm no longer a customer. For whatever reason, MVA hasn't updated correctly this time.

I had my VM services moved from number 50 to number 8 at the end of March, the VM engineer Mike was absolutely wonderful and everything was up and running in an hour (and still is!), but after 2 weeks of waiting and countless calls to VM, IT tickets raised etc, whenever I log into MVA I still see my old account details for number 50, and not my account for number 8.

I've got my new account number from VM on emails and the billing looks to be set up, but for whatever reason I can't log into MVA either through the app or online. Even the phone support people have tried to register me while on the phone and then said it's an IT "issue" that's stopping them from continuing.

Is anyone out there at VM able to help please?

TIA!

33 REPLIES 33

Hi VM Team,

This issue is still on-going, can we get an update from the IT Team please?

I spent over an hour on the phone to one of your colleagues back in June who tried 4/5 different things and still came to the same conclusion - there is something in the internal VM system that is stopping this transfer from old account to new account taking place, and it would have to go back to the IT team yet again to resolve. It was even suggested that my old VM account I use to sign into MVA/website is deleted and I'm allowed to re-register which is absolutely fine, but why is it taking so long to get a resolution? 

Can anyone from VM check the progress and provide an update please? I can't even view my online bills etc for the past few months. 

Thanks.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chrom2um86,

Welcome back to the Forums. I'm sorry to hear the issue is ongoing. I have checked the ticket and the team have advised that they have corrected the issue and have requested that you try to re-register fully.

Can you try to re-register and let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi @Reece_MH,

I've just tried re-registering but am in exactly the same position as before, being told that my account already exists at my new home address, but when logging in using the email I'm shown on screen, I'm taken back to the account number at my old address.

Sadly this is exactly the same situation since I spoke to VM back in June, so nothing has changed that I can tell. The IT team were going to delete my entire account to allow me to register from scratch, but those accounts still exist so that can't have happened and I still can't log into the account at my new house?

Can we get an update on when this will actually fixed as we don't seem to be moving forward?

Thanks.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chrom2um86,

Thanks for the update with this. I'm really sorry things still aren't working. I've re-opened the ticket with the team for them to investigate further. Please try to re-register in a few days. Unfortunately, we can't give an exact timeframe on when this would be resolved.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi VM Team,

If it helps, can you tell the IT team that I have already saved all the bills etc from my previous account so can they please just proceed to delete the old one and I can create a new one. I don't want the next message from them being they can't because I still have some old data and they're not able to proceed if I haven't saved it etc; I feel this has dragged on much longer than it should reasonably take to get sorted, and we still don't seem to be any closer to VM fixing the problem.

I've just had a notice from VM that I've got a new bill available, can someone please send me a copy to my registered email address on my account please?

If someone could fix the problem I wouldn't have to bother you every month! 🙂

Thanks.

Sorry to see that this issue has still not been resolved, so I can check on this further for you I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks to the VM Team for the exchange of messages today. I've learnt some things that may be of help to others if they happen to stumble across this thread in the future or in a similar situation.

1. You don't seem to be able to get a copy of a previous bill emailed to you by asking through the forum/VM PM, this seems to be something that you have to call up and wait to speak to an agent for.

2. Tickets for problems that are opened appear to get closed without feedback or warning. I've had several tickets open for this issue since March 2022 that haven't been resolved, but have been closed by VM without me getting notified and without resolution. Yet another ticket for this problem has been raised but it can't be escalated until five days have passed. VM can't escalate my previous tickets because they've closed them, so I'm right back where I started, and to say that this is frustrating is an understatement 😞

If you have open tickets with VM you may want to follow up and make sure they don't get closed without any notice. 

The wait continues...again

Hi Chrom2um86, thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry your My Virgin Media account issue is ongoing.  And I am sorry to hear that multiple I.T. tickets have been raised and closed without resolving the issue.  I am going to reach out to you privately to address another point you've raised.

Regards

Lee_R

Just a follow up to point number 1 in my previous post: one of the VM team reached out and I've now received a copy of my bill - thanks to the VM team member for sorting that out.

Sadly still waiting on an update for the main issue 😞

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chrom2um86, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R