cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved house, but MVA still shows old account details

Chrom2um86
Tuning in

Hi all,

I think I've had a similar issue to some other folk on this forum, but don't seem to be getting anywhere fast.

Last year I moved from my house of 9 years (number 26 for simplicity) into my parent's home (number 50) while waiting for a new-build property, taking my VM services with me. I could log into MVA and see a drop-down that showed my old account at number 26 along with my new account at number 50 and I could switch between the two...happy days!

I've now moved from number 50 to my new build (number 8 ) but this time when I log in I'm told that I've been disconnected and I'm no longer a customer. For whatever reason, MVA hasn't updated correctly this time.

I had my VM services moved from number 50 to number 8 at the end of March, the VM engineer Mike was absolutely wonderful and everything was up and running in an hour (and still is!), but after 2 weeks of waiting and countless calls to VM, IT tickets raised etc, whenever I log into MVA I still see my old account details for number 50, and not my account for number 8.

I've got my new account number from VM on emails and the billing looks to be set up, but for whatever reason I can't log into MVA either through the app or online. Even the phone support people have tried to register me while on the phone and then said it's an IT "issue" that's stopping them from continuing.

Is anyone out there at VM able to help please?

TIA!

33 REPLIES 33

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Chrom2um86, thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have had issues with getting your details transferred on your online account. When you spoke with the team last what was the last update they provided exactly? If an IT ticket has been raised it can take some time for the team to have this resolved.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan,

When I was first in touch with VM on 31st March, I was told it would be sorted within 5 working days. When it still hadn't been sorted on the 7th April I was told it would be added to the priority list as I'd been waiting and was assured it would be fixed by the 14th April. Earlier this week the agent I spoke to said that she could fix it for me there and then and I'd see the update within 24 hours, but nothing has changed and I still log in and see the old account details.

How many times do I need to wait for 5 days before it actually gets resolved, is there anything that can be done to get this sorted please? After moving house twice, the first time worked like a charm but I don't know why the VM system really struggled with this time.

Thanks.

I'm so sorry to hear this @Chrom2um86 and thank you for letting us know. 

I'd like to take a closer look with you via a PM so pop one across now!

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you. 

Hi all,

Just in case anyone stumbles across this thread with a similar issue, a ticket had been raised by VM IT team to resolve. Originally I was told it would take 5 days, then another 5 days, then the 25th April but it's still in progress.

Hopefully it'll be resolved soon, but does seem like VM IT need to do something in the background and it takes a long time.

Thanks.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the delays Chrom2um86,

Welcome back to the community!

Once our team receive a response we'll be to advise further regarding this.

Thanks for your patience,

Kain

Hi VM Team,

I haven't yet heard back on this ticket, but I've had a notification that my latest bill is available to view online, but the link in the email only takes me to my old account (still). What's the best way to get a copy of my latest bill, as it's gone up quite a lot compared to before I moved house and don't understand why.

Is there any updated ETA on the IT ticket as it's been over a month now? Would it not be easier just to delete my online account and let me re-register?

Thanks.

Hi @Chrom2um86

Sorry to hear this is still not resolved for you. I have checked the IT ticket and it is still open and being worked. 

You can if you like register for a new online account with your new account information. You'll need to use a different email address as your username as this will still be attached to your older account. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Is there any ETA at all?

Thanks for your suggestion, however I've spent over an hour on the phone to VM phone support who have gone through that exact process, and even trying myself it just keeps saying that my account number is already linked to an email address (my own) so can't be re-registered, but when I log in I can't see the new account, only the details of the old one. 

I have to call up to ask any questions as I just can't get the answers myself from the VM website/app 😞 If the IT team could fix the problem, it would save your telephone colleagues a few calls! 🙂 

Thanks.

Hi @Chrom2um86

I'll chase IT for you and let them know that this is still an ongoing issue that you want a fix for. Hopefully they'll be in touch tomorrow. Please let us know if you hear anything or if the issues is resolved for you tomorrow. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley