cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVM app showing old account info

anton25360
Tuning in

My Virgin Media app is showing my old account info (along with the "account disconnected" message). I purchased a new broadband package this week, how long does it take for me to see my new account number / new bills? I am using the same email address for this new contract.

7 REPLIES 7

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

If you have had a new account installed, complete with new account number, you will need to register this new account and leave the former account behind.

This may mean registering with a different E-Mail account initially, but once this has been setup, you can then make alternations to the self-care account where appropriate via this link.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

How? Whenever I try and register my new account with my account number, it just asks me to sign in to my existing one (the one with the old, inactive account number). When I login and try an change the email, the link it sends expires immediately.

Thanks for coming back to me @anton25360.

Can you possibly try using an alternative browser, or clear the cache on the browser you're using to see if this helps resolve this issue for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Links are still expiring, even after clearing cache and using a different browser. Can't you just forcibly change my account details manually on your end? It's ridiculous that this is even happening, and my contract hasn't even started yet!

Hi @anton25360 thanks for your reply. 

If your contract hasn't started yet, this could be part of the reason - sometimes this is an issue when you've had an account with us before.

Please try this again when your services are underway and if this still happens, please let us know as we may need to raise an IT ticket for you. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

I recieved my broadband this morning and it's now all up and running (yay!). However, the app still shows my old account info.

Hi @anton25360 thanks for your reply, that's great news!
No problem, please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you. Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W