cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a virgin media number?

Answerpls
Joining in

[REMOVED] I received a message from this number claiming to be virgin, is this one of your numbers? Or is it phishing @Melissa_F

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Answerpls,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community!

From checking the number given I can advise that it doesn't seem to be one of our representatives.

Can I ask what message you have received?

It could be beneficial to check our link here on how to deal with fraudulent calls

Thanks,

Kain

C9AA8583-CB85-4B87-BD10-D1406CF7935C.jpeg

this is the message I received, I did not order any virgin kit which is why I found this strange, is this message legit or phishing? I actually clicked the link so I’m worried 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply Answerpls,

It does seem that it was a fraudulent number who has messaged you. 

If you have not entered any details through that link then you should be ok. 

What I could advise is to clear your browsing history and potentially download a trusted malware scanner to clarify no issues.

Hope this helps,

Kain

The link actually takes me to the virgin media app in the AppStore though, my question is why would a scammer want me to download your app?

Hi Answerpls,
Thanks for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, as I did advise when we spoke Via Twitter the link does take you to our app to download this however as we do not recognise the number and haven't been able to verify it, we can only advise to treat with caution until we know otherwise.

Regards

Paul.