cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant make a virgin media regular account

lilacwimbush199
Joining in

Hi, I have tried to make a regular virgin media account but it will not let me on any device or different interenet apps either. It keeps coming up with error DEF01 every time, I did call and they said they would try to sort it out. They havent! Can you please sort this out, my wifi is due to be installed on the 20th June and you are charging me £91?! For the first month?? Why is this? Account number : [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lilacwimbush199 thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having problems creating a My Virgin Media account.

Can you please try registering an account on both links provided on both here and here to see if you still get the error?

In terms of your first bill, we always charge a double bill for the first month as the way our billing cycles work is we bill one month in advance usually. As a generic example, your August bill will be for services in September. However, for your first bill you have to pay your current month (the month of your install) and your usual month of advance.

I hope this helps potentially clear up why it's higher than expected?

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lilacwimbush199 thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having problems creating a My Virgin Media account.

Can you please try registering an account on both links provided on both here and here to see if you still get the error?

In terms of your first bill, we always charge a double bill for the first month as the way our billing cycles work is we bill one month in advance usually. As a generic example, your August bill will be for services in September. However, for your first bill you have to pay your current month (the month of your install) and your usual month of advance.

I hope this helps potentially clear up why it's higher than expected?

Many thanks

Tom_W

The first one didnt work, and the 2nd link kept telling me my password was fine to use and then saying I cant use it no matter what I chose, I chose many passwords between 8-10 numbers long, 1 capital and 1 number in it and no special characters. Can you please just create me an account with a random password and email me it and then I can change it because this is has gone on a while now with reporting it on call to you. Thanks

Hi @lilacwimbush199 thanks for your reply and confirmation.

I appreciate this is frustrating, please allow me to send you a PM as we may need to raise an IT Ticket to get this sorted for you and the account created.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W