cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive a new email verification link?

naholroyd
Joining in

I joined virgin media in January and when I tried to set up an online account it automatically linked to an old account I'd held some years earlier (with an old email address). I can't unlink it so every time I try to register for My Virgin Media to managed my account, I'm instructed to sign in with my old email address... Then when I try to do that I'm told I need to verify the old email address, but I never received a verification email to address. How can I get a new verification link so that I can sign in to My Virgin Media?

3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey nahoyod, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear about this.

If you've had an account with us before and you are trying to use the same email address to sign up now it wouldn't work, if you wanted the same email to be used we would need to raise an IT ticket for you which can take up to 5 working days.

If you wanted to use a new email it should allow you to sign up right away.

Please do let us know. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It won't let me sign up with the new email address, when I try is says this:

"Looks like there's already an account set up with the email address below. 
[old email address]"

But when I try to sign in, it says I need to verify the email address. I just need a new verification email so I can click the verification link.
I also get all my Virgin bills sent to the old email address, so somehow my current VM account has been linked to that email but I never got the verification link.

Okay we are going to have to unlink your old email address then.

To do this we need to raise an IT ticket, I will send you a PM now please look out for my inbox in your messages. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?