Bigbobhope
Joining in

how can I use hotspot with a hub 5 as the app only go's too hub 3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kain_W @Bigbobhope  The VM connect app does not work with the Hub4 or Hub5.

With those hubs you need to use the Virgin mobile section of the My Virgin Media app to access the VM WiFi hotspots.  Full instructions are included in the app. Go to the Services tab and select WiFi hotspots.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bigbobhope,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Can I ask are you trying to use our public hotspot locations?

If so have you followed the Hotspot instructions via our Virgin Connect app?

Thanks,

Kain

It says you need to connect your app to the hub. But the app does not support hub 5 so how do I get to use hotspots 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hmm, you should still be able to use the App regardless of having a Hub 3.

Are you signed into the Connect App? If so can you advise me what options you have once you sign in?

Thanks,

Kain

Yes I'm signed in but when I click on hotspots it says profile not installed you won't connect to WiFi hotspots 

Screenshot_20220429-155705_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response,

If you select the "Learn more" option it will advise the steps needed to complete the Hotspot setup.

Let us know if that helps,

Kain

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kain_W @Bigbobhope  The VM connect app does not work with the Hub4 or Hub5.

With those hubs you need to use the Virgin mobile section of the My Virgin Media app to access the VM WiFi hotspots.  Full instructions are included in the app. Go to the Services tab and select WiFi hotspots.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

I have tried the my virgin media app but can't see the service tab anywhere. I'm not on virgin mobile I'm on 3 but did not have this problem till I upgraded my hub from 3 to 5. I now wish I had left it alone lol

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, sorry, you do need to be a Virgin mobile customer to access the services tab.

PrincessSmith
Just joined

I've tried accessing virgin hotspot on the virgin connect app, however it continues to say there was an error because I am not set up. But I've tried to set up and it doest work