cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP-504

Johnny1983
Fibre optic

Hi 

When running tests through the my virgin media app I'm getting an unexpected error occured . Something went wrong. 

Error code HTTP-504. 

J.H
27 REPLIES 27

Hi, i was able to use my home wifi as stated, to get onto the browser on my phone, its just the app then that is having problems

Both that is, my virgin media lets me on but is currently telling me it can not display my billing details for the upcoming or previous bill though i know what they are and by being able to see this on browser instead of the app

As for virgin media connect it still cannot find my hub, though i am online using the very hub the app can't find, so it cant show me devices or speeds there either, but this was shown on the web page also when i signed into my vm on browser page

The Internet has not disconnected or shown any wrong colour light on the hub,  its the app plain and simple

My phone is a Samsung galaxy a13, 4g, but the phone has no issues either so i request you dont tell me that my device is the issue. The phone is perfectly fine and good condition, and completely up to date in fact i just did the software device update the other day

Again, it is just the apps having these issues as i am able to use the wifi, the hub light is white, and my roku can stream no bother with it

I have noticed occasionally videos will buffer but dont feel they should given my speeds, but this is less an issue as they quickly resolve and continue in the high quality

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies Finnjp98,

We were running into a few issues with the app yesterday, are you still experiencing the same issue?

Regards,

Kain

Yes, same issue with connect, unable to find my hub, of course when this happens and you look into why it says slow connection and ensure you are connected to the home wifi but i have been consistently on the home wifi and the speed is not slow, i still cannot find my hub in app

On the myVm app now i can get on but that doesnt show me my speeds or allow me to run a test or see what devices are connected to it

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Have you been able to gain access to the Connect app in the past?

With regards to the testing, are you experiencing speed issues currently?

Let us know,

Kain

Yes I've had the WiFi for about 2 months i think roughly and until now had been able to access without issue and did speed tests before in the same room and furthest room from the hub, ive never had issues till now which prompted me to search and found this forum

I wouldn't say I'm having speed issues but I have noticed after first bill videos seem to buffer halfway through and I've been disconnected from netflix at one point saying I'd lost connection, and my phone connection to the hub was spotty the other day/ yesterday as it kept disconnecting and reconnecting, theres been two times I've been connected without internet and i usually have what appears to be white light on the hub but honestly this morning it looked sort of yellow but was working and then seemed to lighten back to white

Hi Kain 

I've been able to run tests through the my virgin media app since yesterday evening. It started working out the blue. Touch wood it keeps working ☺️. 

J.H

Thank you for that information. We are happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to take a look at your account. 

^Martin

Leemar
Tuning in

Hi , 

just started seeing this today in my virgin media app when going to check on service status as there has been a problem in my area so logged in and seen this error code on service status page HTTP-504 maybe someone can enlighten me about this problem , thanks