cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP-504

Johnny1983
Fibre optic

Hi 

When running tests through the my virgin media app I'm getting an unexpected error occured . Something went wrong. 

Error code HTTP-504. 

J.H
27 REPLIES 27

Hi 

Kath unfortunately I don't have another device to use. Just my Google pixel 6. 

Thank you for having it looked into. Please keep me in the loop . 

J.H

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Johnny1983,

Thank you for your reply we will need a few more details from you, but I will need to pop you a PM if that is okay. keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Zoie

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. I was off over the weekend. 

I've spoken to a contact regarding this and they have advised that they are also not having an issues with the app. Do you have a friend or relative that will allow you to use their device to log in and check if you get the same error? 

We think this may be more of an issue with your device since we've checked this end with the app on 3 different devices and all 3 are working adding this to the fact that the tests are working when running through My VM on a browser - this rules out the issue being with the app and the account. 

Please come back with the make and model of another device and a screenshot again so we can then help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath 

Sorry for only just getting back to you. I've not been up long and have only just seen your message . As I work nights . So my phone has been off. Anyway I don't have another device to try. I did Google HTTP-504. According to Google it's a DNS server time-out error . So doesn't appear phone related. Seems it's a server error. Anyway one of your colleagues zoie . Private messaged me on Friday for some account details. So guess she's looking into my issue aswell ? 

J.H

Hi Johnny1983, 

Rather than having many agents working on the same thing and possibly repeating work, only I am looking at this for you currently. 

The issue we have is that it's working through the test devices here and we haven't seen any other reports from other users in the Community either so if it was an issue with the app itself we would be seeing more reports and be able to replicate the issue. 

As this isn't the case, we can only put it down to a device issue for now I'm afraid. You could try this to see if this helps: Open settings > Apps > My Virgin Media App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache.

If you are able to test with a friend or relatives device then pop back and let us know the results but for now, there is little more we can do. If the clearing of the app cache doesn't work then please use the browser for now as a work around.

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Yeah hi so im having the same error message as johnny was a couple of weeks ago according to the date of this post, im having it right now however and its not when im trying to run any tests its coming up with that message when i even just try to open to app at all, what should i do about this?

Hey finnijp 

I'm still having the issue . I'm still waiting a response on here . I did email the app support team . Through the email I found in Google play on info about the app . 

J.H

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out on our help forums and for your first post, Finnjp98. 
A warm welcome to the community. 🙂

Sorry to hear you're getting this error each time you're launching our App to run our checks.

Can you please confirm if this error is present only on the device you have the App on currently and have you tested this on another handset/device to see if it works there?

Has the App been working before and have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it as well as check that you're on the latest software version for your device too?

Please, let us know more and we're here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi, yes the app and everything is up to date

It was working before, i havent checked it since earlier march when i was keeping an eye on things so it may have been like this for a couple weeks now and ive just found out, i dont currently have another device to test the app on since my phone is my go to.

The wifi is working however, i am connected to it, data is off, but i am able to use the wifi for watching things and use the Internet on my phone it is just the app that wont let me open it and see anything or do speed tests or anything either

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Finnjp98, thanks for sharing more.

We're sorry to hear this has been happening for a while now, can you please try accessing your MyVM account from a browser on a laptop or desktop in this case? 

Also, can you confirm what device you're using (handset make and model) if possible?

Let us know if you can check your online account and if you get the same error with the app when running our checks there. 

We'll be happy to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team