cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch when running self checks through my virgin media android app

Johnny1983
Fibre optic

To whom it may concern. 

There appears to be a glitch when running self checks on both my tivo v6 boxes through your my virgin media android app . The app either comes back saying to either reboot my V6 boxes or they are offline . They aren't offline . They are in standby mode . I've already rebooted them 😊. Yet . The self check facility is reporting issues 🤔 

J.H
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Johnny,

I can now see the boxes no problem however cannot see any issues, what issue other than the App issue are you facing.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am vey sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the diagnostic checks on the app. We can look in to what could be causing this. 

I have checked your equipment from our side and it does all appear to be running within spec with no issues detected. What problems are you having with the service please? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat 

I've just spoke to your over phone tv tech agent . He confirmed that all my equipment is working in spec and all in green . No ambers or reds or anything reporting to be concerned about 🤔 he did say it could be an issue with the my virgin media android app it's self.  Example a bug or glitch in the app. He couldn't confirm. He was just guessing it could be 🤔 are you able to look into the my virgin media android app 🤔

J.H

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me Johnny1983.

I am afraid I am unable to directly look in to the application but I would be happy to try and help get this matter resolved. 

Is the app and phone software completely up to date without any pending updates? 

If so, can you please try removing the application from your handset and reinstalling it? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat 

Yes the my virgin media android app is updated with the most up to date version in Google play. My android apps update automatically when new updates are available. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled it. With no change ☹️. I'm guessing it could be a glitch or bug in the app 🤔. I've done everything. I've even spoken to a over phone tv tech agent and had a ticket raised. The ticket is apparently resolved and still doing it ☹️.

J.H

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to me. 

It might be worth checking the app on a different device or checking the service by logging in to your online account on a browser. 

How long has it been saying that there is an issue please? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hey Nat 

The self check service  works if I use virgin media's website. It's just not working correctly when using the virgin media android app. I now have the Google pixel 6. It had same issue when I had my Huawei android phone ☹️

J.H

Hi Johnny1983,

Thank you for the update, really sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, it is strange you have had the same issues on your previous handset too, I have tried to duplicate this by using the app on my Samsung Galaxy with the latest firmware and had no issues at all, you you have a tablet or another device you can try to install the app on and see if the same occurs?

Regards

Paul.

Hi 

Paul or Nat 

I did try running a self check on my tv equipment through your website last night. It keep cutting out while running the self check . It cut out before it gave me a result ☹️ . There must be a problem somewhere 🤔. Unfortunately I don't have a tablet to try the app on or another device. Sorry.

J.H

Hi Johnny,

Thank you for confirming this, I did try to run some checks our end after finding you on our system with the details we have for you, I couldn't run full checks due to your boxes being in standby, please take out and power up so we can run more checks.

Regards

Paul.