Menu
acarr
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Credit limit I’m new to virgin

I’m a bit confused I’m new to virgin and it’s going to be my first payment I have to pay £53 and then I saw my credit limit say £43 but I ain’t got nothing on demand or made any calls as I have no phone line running yet or got anything at all does that mean I have to pay £96?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Credit limit I’m new to virgin

no the credit limit is the max you can spend on extra per month but if your first bill will be more then the limit the system might have a brain fart and suspend the services for going over the limit

0 Kudos
acarr
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

But my credit limit is £190 but is now £137 because of the £43 they took but like I said I ain’t bought anything or made any calls I just don’t want to pay anything on top of my first bill of £53
0 Kudos
acarr
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Because after that first month I only have to pay £33
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The first bill is always more than the regular monthly amount due in part to activation charges (normally £20) and because you are billed in advance. So the first bill could be almost double the regular monthly amount.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Details in the help page here: My-first-Broadband,-TV-and-Phone-bill

acarr
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still confused

So is the credit limit that shows £43 taken from £190 credit limit all part of the same bill or not because on the app say total being added to your next bill is £53 but on the credit limit £43 been taken out of the £190 im still not sure what im going to pay is it £53 or £43 OR BOTH
0 Kudos
acarr
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bill and credit limit

If my contract is £33 a month would that be taken away from my credit limit antil its payed of so my credit limit goes back to normal
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill and credit limit

if you have a credit limit of £100 and your bill is £33/month that means in the month you can make the bill a max of £100 so for example if you make £67 of phone calls you would hit the limit and the account would get suspended until a extra payment is made to bring it back under the limit.

The credit limit is not a way to pay bills late. Even if you have a limit of £100 and you make no calls for example if you do not pay the £33 bill you will be suspended as well. its only a limit of the max you can run up on any given bill.