cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract length mislead when moving home

Jnalsp
Joining in

My contract was due to end last year when I was in a rental and so I informed virgin I was planning to move in the next year so would not like to renew.

I was promised by the retention team that if I moved at any point that I could keep to the existing contract length both in terms of length and price, with this in mind I accepted their proposal. 

I arranged the move back in May of this year to my new house via chat and despite being offered TV, better deal etc I did not accept anything different to my existing terms- but was happy to stay with virgin for my move. 

What has happened is, when I moved into my new place in June 2022, rather than keep my existing contract length, they have instead signed me up to an extension (not something I wanted or asked for, and said I did NOT want an extension at the point of renewal).

Now I have been given me a new account number and stated on my contract the length is until November 2023, when in actual fact it should be November 2022 at latest when this contract was due to originally expire. 

I have read these forums and seen I’m not the only person that this has happened to, so was wondering if someone can put right.

i have already raised a complaint and this is not being addressed, in fact the complaint about this does not even show up despite writing twice now to Virgin about this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Indeed not the only one.  Wait and see what the staff can sort our for you, if after they've had a look you're still unhappy then there's a simple escalation route to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Indeed not the only one.  Wait and see what the staff can sort our for you, if after they've had a look you're still unhappy then there's a simple escalation route to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jnalsp

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your contract at your new property.

I will send you a private message now so I can get some further details.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide