cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change account number

Ckuk
On our wavelength

Hi I have a new contract and need to change the account number associated with my email so I can access the new information with the app

69 REPLIES 69

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ckuk,

Have you moved house, or did you leave Virgin and then return as a new customer?

If you moved house then a member of the Forum Team may be able to perform a move and transfer and set your email address up with your new account.

However if you are a returning customer then you will need to use a new email address.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ckuk
On our wavelength

I moved house, got a new contract as there was a month gap between houses. The app still logs in and shows my old contract number 

HI Ckuk,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums.

This is completely normal - don't worry. What we need to do is what's called a 'Move and Transfer' between both your old and new account so that you can continue signing into your My Virgin Media using your same credentials but your new account details will show.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can help with this.

Beth

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ckuk,

Thanks for sharing the requested details with me via PM.

After looking at the account, I can see that your services have not yet been activated, meaning that your My Virgin Media account won't be ready just yet. This means that I won't be able to process the move and transfer until your services ave been activated.

However as soon as your services are activated, please let us know from here so we can process that for you as soon as possible. If you need help with anything else in the meantime, just give us a shout and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hi there - I'm having this same issue. I moved home and my old account was disconnected yesterday and the new account is being connected today. The engineer is supposed to be coming between 1pm and 6pm and I was told I could check for a more specific time slot on the day through the app. However, the app is connected to my old account which has no appointments connected to it so I can't check anything. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @zoehenry,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a warm welcome to our forums.

As previously mentioned, if you haven't been installed on your new account, then we would not be able to get your My Virgin Media transferred just yet. Has the Engineer been to your new property and installed your services?

Once you've been installed, we can definitely assist in getting this transferred over.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I have the same issue , what do I do?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ryan120,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing a similar issue. To confirm, have you been installed at your new property, or are you waiting for your installation/equipment?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I now installed