cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant create password for Virgin Media account

joekevinholland
Joining in

Hello, i have been trying to create a account as I currently am paying for broadband and need to amend some features. 

when i get to the page on the website to try and create a password it says every entry is incorrect. I have tried 50 different ones.

please can someone help as I really need access and its a pain having to try multiple browser and clear cache for nothing to change.

53 REPLIES 53

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for trying Dylan_18615. 

I would be happy to look in to this further from our side but I will just need to take a few details via private message. 

I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

AlexRa
Joining in

Hi,

I have forgotten my password. I clicked the link to reset password and it took me to the right page.

For some reason, I am unable to change it. I've tried all the suggestions previously given in this thread, but nothing works. I must've tried at least 30 different combos.

Can someone assist me with this?

I calle dup the customer service, who changed the password with me on the phone. It worked for one login, now I can't login again with the same password that the CS rep changed it to. Also tried via the app on my phone.

Do I need to call customer service again or can this be resolved?

Hi AlexRa, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with logging in to your account. 

We can certainly check this out for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi AlexRa, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and confirming that things are all sorted and resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Benedict2
Tuning in

Hey, I am having the exact same issue as posted in this thread. I have also tried the above suggestions but to no avail.

awilliams7
Joining in

Hi, I am having the same problem as everyone else - have tried the steps in the various threads but nothing works - everytime i try to create a new password it says it is 'invaid'.  Please can someone help! Thanks.

Hi awilliams7, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the password, would you be able to put a day and year to see if it allows it and let me know the outcome? - Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your message - day and year doesnt work.  I have tried countless combinations of letters (upper and lowercase), numbers and permitted symbols, and it always says invalid.  Below the password field there is always a cross next to 'Not contain your username', but a tick next to 'Be within 8 and 64 characters long', if thats any help?

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks for coming back to us @awilliams7, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L