cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register My Virgin Media Account

jonmaw852831
Joining in

I've been trying to register the My Virgin Media account to change my network settings just after installing it, but even as I followed the instructions, using the same email address I used for the service for registering the account, the system keeps on showing 'error', with the following message popped out: "Oops, we've ran into a problem. Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)". This is happening for two consecutive days and I hope I could change my network settings asap. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonmaw, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Really sorry to hear of your difficulties registering with My Virgin Media and changing your Network settings. 

There's potentially two separate issues here so I will deal with them as such. 

1) The registration of your My Virgin Media account. Has the email address you are trying to register with ever been associated with a former Virgin Media account? This can sometimes cause some difficulties when first setting up MY VM.

Are you trying to register via the My VM App or our My VM browser Webpage

2) The changing of your Network settings. Depending on which type of network settings you are trying to update, a lot of these can be managed via your Hub settings. You can find these by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser, and using the password provided on the bottom of your Hub. If you head to our help page here: How to set up Virgin Media broadband | Virgin Media Help towards the bottom is a section labelled 'configure the advanced settings on your hub' which will detail further instructions on how to do this. 

If you can let us know which type of network settings you are trying to update, and if your My VM registration email is associated with a former account and we can then offer further support, sending you a PM with help if needed!

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

Nice to hear back from you. I've tried both the MyVM app and MyVM browser webpage and I've encountered the same problem on both. My email address has also never been used to register a VM account before. I've also tried going on 192.168.0.1 and successfully changed my password after logging in for the first time. But now when I am trying to login with the new password, it says 'Someone else is currently logged into the settings page. Only one session at a time is allowed. Please try again later.', and this keeps on happening, do you know how this should be solved?

Thanks

Jonathan

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jonmaw852831,

Thank you for coming back to us and for trying the suggested methods. I'm sorry that the steps that my colleague outlined did not resolve your issue. 

In order to look into this further we'll need to investigate via Private Message. I'll send you a PM, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina_Z,

I am having the same issue with registering my VM account. I am a new customer of Virgin Media. I got the eBilling email to invite me to register my VM account but after I typed in my email address I got the same Code: DEF01 error.

I did look through the posts on forum and I tried all different kinds of ways (clearing cache, history, changing browsers, trying to register with APP) but none of them works.

Could you please PM me to get this fixed? This is really frustrating and I would like to track my order.

Thanks,
Hao

Hi @yuanhao thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into getting this fixed.

Kindly expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W