cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create account

Rico84
Joining in

I used to be a virgin customer a few years ago and left. This week I came back with a broadband package. When I am trying to create an account in the virgin media app, using the same email address I used when signing up (as instructed to do) I get the following error:

"Now you’ve left us, we’ve closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media"

Obviously I still have the same email address as I had a few years ago so obviously the system hasn't realised I've come back with a new account number etc.

I also tried the "forgot your password " option but gave the exact same error when I entered my email address.

Can someone please reset/remove my email address from your system/records so that I can use the app? Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rico84, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with registering for My VM. 

We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rico84, 

Thanks for sticking with me on this through private message. I'm glad we've been able to get things sorted for you. 

In terms of the Connect App, there is an iOS update that has been released already for some users. This update will allow the Hub 4 to connect. If you have iOS then you can search in the app store for the update. 

If you have Android then the update will be released in the next week or so. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Rico84, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message again. As we're no longer swapping personal or account sensitive information, we can revert back to the Community. 

As the credentials are working and allowing you to log in via the app, this is no longer an account issue. Instead it will be related to the browser or device you're using. 

Can you please use another device. Before navigating to the Virgin Media website, delete the cache, cookies and browsing history. Once you have done this, close the browser and re open it. Click here and log in to your account. 

Has that allowed you to log in? If not please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team